This season, our design team traveled to (& was SO inspired by) Morocco—everything from the colors to the clothes to the food.
To bring a taste of Morocco home, try this recipe for a Moroccan-inspired mint tea. It’s an easier version of a traditional Moroccan specialty. Try it first if you can’t find your way to the real deal!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tbs. Chinese gunpowder green tea
- 5 cups boiling water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1 large bundle of fresh mint
- 1 teapot
WHAT TO DO:
- Put Chinese gunpowder tea in tea pot and pour in 1 cup boiling water.
- Swirl gently to “rinse tea”
- Strain and discard the water, keeping the tea leaves in the tea pot.
- Add remaining 4 cups of boiling water to the tea.
- Let the tea steep for 2 minutes
- Add in sugar to taste and swirl again to mix.
- Add mint leaves to the tea pot and steep for 4 more minutes.
- Serve into heatproof glasses.
- Garnish with more mint leaves.