Whether you’re renting your first apartment or you own your home, spring cleaning is on the top of everyone’s to-do list this season. Dorm, studio, farmhouse… every dwelling needs a deep clean from time to time! It’s time to open the windows, refresh, and feel good inside and out.
One of the easiest ways to tackle a whole home is to sort out your checklist by room. We’ve put together a few of our favorite tips and tricks to get YOU started. Put on your fave playlist and get to work!
- Work from top to bottom. Whether you’re dusting corners, vacuuming stairs or wiping down walls – you’ll be less likely to miss dust and debris when you start from the top.
- Streaky windows? Instead of a paper towel or wash cloth, use a coffee filter. No lint or streaks in sight!
- Use a dryer sheet to wipe down baseboards. The wax will make it easy to pick up dust and will extend the time between now and your next cleaning.
- Stay sustainable. Use items you already have around your house to create a sustainable cleaner. Soak orange peels in vinegar to create an all-purpose citrus cleaner that you can use on windows, counters, and more.
- Distilled white vinegar, baking soda and peroxide are just a few of the household items that make excellent cleaning solutions.
- If you’re notorious for losing motivation in the middle of your cleaning sprees, be sure to treat yourself after you’ve accomplished everything on your list. Whether it’s a nap, a pizza, or even just a solid chill sesh—give yourself something to look forward to.
We’ve created this spring cleaning checklist so you can prioritize your needs and keep track of your progress.
Giving your home a spring refresh doesn’t just mean deep cleaning, it means organizing, too! Decluttering is a huge part of organization.
- When it comes to your closet, stick to the rule that if you haven’t worn it in 6 months, it’s time to get rid of it! Donate gently used items and say goodbye to the rest.
- Organize the clothes in your closet by color so they’re easier to find and easier to put away.
- Making the most of your space is a must for us! Organize your fave Aerie undies or leggings using this infamous folding technique to make the most of your space.
- Organize things so that the items that you use most frequently are the most easily accessible. Put the less-used items in the back or on a higher shelf.
- While tidying up cords, use this time to donate old cords as well. That cellphone charger from 8th grade? Byeeee.
What are your favorite ways to give your home a new refresh? Comment below & tell us. Happy cleaning!