Spooky szn is just getting started! That’s why we’ve created this spiderweb hanging that can be made while you’re watching your fave scary movie. Read on below to see how you can turn a simple embroidery hoop into cute Halloween decor!
What you’ll need
- Embroidery hoop
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue
- Plastic spiders
What to do
1. Tie the yarn in a knot around the hoop.
2. Cross that piece of yarn diagonally and tie it to the opposite side.
3. Cut the leftover yarn.
4. Hot glue the bottoms of each knot to the hoop.
5. Repeat this process two more times (so there are three intersecting diagonal strings glued to the hoop).
6. Tie one end of the yarn skein onto one of the strings, about an inch from the center intersection.
7. Connect the yarn to the neighboring string and loop it around once.
8. Continue this process until you’ve made a complete circle.
9. Once you reach your starting point, move the yarn up an inch on the string and repeat the process.
10. Continue looping the yarn and moving up after each full circle, creating your web.
11. Once your web is complete, tie a knot and cut the yarn.
12. To add the bottom fringe, cut a long piece of yarn and fold it in half.
13. Loop the two ends around the hoop, creating a knot.
14. Continue doing so across the bottom of the hoop.
15. Hot glue to secure each knot to the hoop.
16. Cut the bottom of the fringe into a “V” (or trim each string to the same length).
17. Add plastic spiders for a ghoulish touch.
18. Cut a small piece of wire and make a loop.
19. Attach the wire loop around the top of the hoop.
20. Hang the spider web hoop and enjoy your new spooky decor!
Will you be making this cute and easy Halloween decoration? Comment below & tell us!