Let’s get crafty (and get some treats out of it…). It’s getting warmer out there and we all need ways to cool down and keep things sweet—DIY style, baby! Read on below to see how you can make your own fresh & delish rainbow popsicles.
What You’ll Need
- Popsicle molds
- Popsicle sticks
- Frozen bananas
- Frozen raspberries
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen peaches
- Frozen mango
- Frozen pineapple
- Blue food coloring
- Frozen mixed berries
- Sliced, canned beets
What To Do
- Blend banana, yogurt, and red fruit until smooth.
- Move the mixture to a separate cup and rinse blender.
- Repeat for each color of your pops (you can get creative with the fruit you have at home and add as little or as many layers as you want!)
- Use a spoon to carefully layer each color mixture into your popsicle molds in rainbow order (think ROY G. BIV style!)
- Once you’ve filled the molds with all that color, place the popsicle sticks in the molds.
- Freeze overnight!
- Take your pops out of the freezer and fill your sink with room temperature water.
- Place the molds in the water to loosen the pops (make sure to not let the water go over the top of the molds)
- Allow the molds to sit in the water for a few seconds, then begin to wiggle them free!
- Once they’re out, enjoy!
- Wrap extra pops in plastic wrap for easy storing back in the freezer.