AEO Brand Protection
WANT TO CHAT? WE'RE HERE FOR YOU!
Authentic American Eagle Outfitters® clothing is available in American Eagle Outfitters stores and at ae.com and aeo.world.tmall.com. To find official stores near you, please use our store locator or call us at 1.888.232.4535.
At American Eagle Outfitters, we recognize that counterfeiting is a serious, world-wide problem, and we are taking measures to combat the unauthorized production and sale of our merchandise. Counterfeit merchandise deceives consumers and deprives them of the world-renowned AEO quality that our brand name ensures. Since counterfeit merchandise does not undergo our rigorous inspection and testing processes, it does not meet our high standards. To combat counterfeiters, AEO participates in numerous enforcement actions throughout the world in conjunction with law enforcement offices, records its trademarks with customs offices both domestic and abroad to help prevent the transport of counterfeit goods, and pursues both criminal and civil legal actions when deemed necessary. If you think you have seen counterfeit AEO merchandise, please contact our legal department by sending an email to CounterfeitAlert@ae.com. Please include as much information as possible by describing the merchandise you saw, where you saw it, and any additional information you can provide.
Below are a few highlights of our enforcement actions:
- Costa Rican Customs seized almost 12,000 counterfeit tee shirts
- Many seizures were made in China with the help of local authorities
- Over 11,000 pairs of men’s underwear were seized in China
- Large seizure of men’s polo shirts in India with the help of law enforcement
- Large seizure by Chinese Customs of flip-flops destined for Jamaica
- Ecuadorian Customs seized a large shipment containing counterfeit AEO branded hats
- Counterfeit Jeans seized in China
- Successfully shut down a store in Vietnam selling counterfeit clothing
- Raid in a retail store in India resulting in a large seizure of counterfeit merchandise
- More than 1,000 counterfeit sweatshirts were seized in China
- U.S. Customs in LA seized almost 10,000 sandals bearing AEO trademarks
- Israeli Customs seized a large shipment of AEO counterfeit goods
- A tip from one of our customers successfully helped AEO stop the sale of counterfeit goods
- More than 10,000 pairs of counterfeit boots were seized with the help of customs
For additional information about counterfeit merchandise, please visit the following sites: