- What information is collected by AEO
- How we may use and share information
- How we protect the information
- How you may contact AEO
AEO POINTS OF CONTACT
The AEO points of contact include, but are not limited to:
- AEO stores, our AEO merchandise sales websites (ae.com and aerie.com), AEO's customer service line for ordering products, and communications with AEO's customer relations department;
- Any other website or on-line service that may be provided from time to time by AEO or on behalf of AEO such as:
- The AEO Credit Card website. This policy does not apply to information collected when you apply for an AEO Credit Card (issued by GE Money Bank)
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We receive and may keep information voluntarily given to us when you decided to make an AEO purchase, apply for an AEO Credit Card, register on an AEO website, take part in a special promotion, or provide any other information or unique preferences to better serve you. This information may include:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Date of birth
- Your e-mail address
- Your credit card, AEO Gift Card or AEREWARDS Card number
- Proof of your identity
- *Any other information that AEO may voluntarily collect from you from time to time on its website or through alternate means. It might also include information you provide us about other people. For example, you may provide us with some of the same information as above (name and address) for a merchandise gift recipient. When you provide us with personal information about the intended recipient of a shipment, we use that information for the purposes of processing the shipment and, in some cases, to communicate with the intended recipient to provide information pertaining to the status of the shipment. We rely on you to obtain the intended recipient's consent to our use of their personal information for these limited purposes.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources such as updated address information. This information may help us to improve our ability to serve your needs such as ensuring the accurate delivery of direct mail materials.
We want you to be aware that certain online tools exist to help us serve and recognize you when you visit one of our websites. For your convenience, to help us personalize your experience or better serve your needs, we may receive and store certain types of information when you visit one of our websites. You may be familiar with the term "cookies." These cookies may be placed on your computer when you click on an AEO e-mail, banner, or on the site directly. We use this information to understand how users navigate to and around our websites, view product pages, access content and make purchases.
ONCE INFORMATION IS RECEIVED, HOW IS IT USED AND/OR SHARED?
Information we collect from you may be shared between all points of contact within AEO and its subsidiaries. We use this information to offer you special offers, new products, and services and may share your information with sister companies. In addition, AEO may use such information to:
- Provide you with timely and reliable fulfillment of requests
- Do all things necessary to administer those services
- Deliver merchandise and services that you purchase online
- Register you on ae.com
- Facilitate payment for your purchases
- Confirm your orders and delivery information
- Respond to your customer service inquiries or requests
- Communicate offers, benefits and featured items to you
- Administer giveaways, contests, birthday programs and similar promotions
- Administer special customer recognition programs such as AEREWARDS
- Find and stock the products you want
- Customize your shopping experience and other uses as determined by AEO
Certain business services are performed on AEO's behalf and at AEO's request by other companies. We may share your information with selected vendors that perform services for AEO or to others for other marketing purposes. To perform these services, these companies may, at times, utilize some of the information you have provided AEO. This information is used for the purposes AEO has requested such as maintaining our database, administering and monitoring e-mails, and contest administration.
GE Money Bank manages an online credit center. When you visit the web site, GE Money Bank receives the information you provide for the purpose of assisting AEO with the administration and management of the AEO Credit Card. GE Money Bank may have its own policies that govern the site when you apply for a credit card.
We may also share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when (1) permitted or required by law, or (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions, or (3) investigating fraud that has already taken place. In addition, AEO reserves the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so. In all cases, this information is not provided to these entities for purposes of marketing to an AEO customer.
Retention of Personal Information
AEO retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after any termination of our relationship with you.
Right to Transfer
AEO also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including, but not limited to, liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of AEO or of any of the business, assets or shares of AEO or a division thereof. AEO may decide to retain a copy of the information after the sale or transfer for any use.
Identity Theft Policy and Program
AEO has an implemented program designed to comply with the Red Flag Rules promulgated by the Federal Trade Commission under the Fair and Accurate Credit transactions Act of 2003. AEO will take proactive and preventative measures in ensuring against identity theft.
AEO has identified specific patterns, practices, and forms of activity to be Red Flags signaling possible identity theft. In the instance that AEO has identified a Red Flag, AEO will follow the Program closely in order to ensure against identity theft.
For the complete Program details please visit www.ftc.gov.
HOW TO CONTACT AEO
If you do not want to receive promotional mail from AEO via postal service, send a letter stating this with your name and address to email@example.com, or to our mailing address below. You can also call us at 1-888-232-4535 with your request.
When you fill out one of our forms or other requests for information, you may choose to receive e-mail that informs you about new merchandise in our stores or online, as well as special offers and promotions. In addition, we may send you e-mails to help us learn more about you and your preferences. If, after you have shared your e-mail address with AEO, you decide that you do not want to receive e-mail from AEO, you have several options to let us know of your preferences:
- You can go to ae.com, access your Account profile, uncheck the box marked "Send me e-mails with ae.com promotions" and follow the instructions
- You can discontinue promotional e-mails by clicking on the hyperlink shown in all AEO e-mails and follow the instructions to indicate your unsubscribe preference
- Contact AEO customer relations as set forth below
c/o Customer Relations
77 Hot Metal Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Attention: Senior Director of CRM
You may also contact us in any one of the above ways to request access to or correction or update of your personal information.
If you have specific questions regarding your AEO Credit Card, you can call AEO Credit Card Customer Service at 1-800-843-0875 during the Eastern U.S. time zone hours of 8 a.m. - 12 midnight Monday - Saturday or 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Sunday. You can also write to:
American Eagle Outfitters Credit Card
P.O. Box 530993
Atlanta GA, 30353-0993
Mobile Marketing Messaging
Customers may decide to have marketing messages sent directly to their mobile devices via text messaging. This program is completely voluntary, and messages will only be sent to customers who have asked to receive them. If you have errantly received a marketing text message without opting in to the program, or if you wish to opt out of receiving messages, please respond to the text message in the following manner:
- For AE, reply "STOP" to EAGLE (32453)
- For Aerie, reply "STOP" to AERIE (23743)
For additional help regarding your subscription to AE's Mobile Marketing Messaging Program, reply "HELP" to 32453; Aerie's Mobile Marketing Messaging Program, reply "HELP" to 23743.
Message and data rates may apply. Please consult the applicable wireless service agreement for your individual pricing plan.
You can reach customer support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 888.232.4535.
Please note that it may take up to 10 days to process your stop request, during which time you may receive additional mobile marketing from AEO.
Our Policy on gathering information from and communicating with children online
We recognize the unique privacy concerns regarding children. Pursuant to COPPA guidelines, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, please contact us at 1-888-232-4535, by e-mail at email@example.com, or at the address listed above, and we will remove the information about the individual from our marketing database.
Our Commitment to Data Security
AEO makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. AEO uses industry standard security techniques on our websites to help protect against the loss, misuse or modification of information that you have provided. When you access your personal information or transmit personally identifiable data to us, that information is stored on servers that we have used commercially reasonable efforts to protect from unauthorized access or intrusion. While we implement the above security measures, you should be aware that 100% security is not possible.
What happens if I hit a link to another site from an AEO site?