Give your summer loves a fun, new upgrade! We’re taking food scraps and making an all-natural dye that you can use on your fave tees, joggers and more. Read on below to see how you can, too!
WHAT YOU NEED
- White shirts, joggers or clothing of your choice
- Food scraps (we used cabbage, beets, onion skins)
- Rubber bands
- Color-safe containers
WHAT TO DO
1. Soak the clothes you’re going to tie-dye in hot water while you prepare the dye.
2. Cut the vegetable scraps into equal, large sections.
3. Place in a pot full of water & bring to a rolling boil.
4. Simmer the veggies for about 10 minutes to extract the color.
5. Strain the water into a jar or container.
6. Roll up the item you’ll be dying &, using the rubber bands, wrap bands around the item.
7. Place the item you’ll be dying in a bowl or color-safe container & pour on the desired dyes.
8. Let clothing sit overnight & remove rubber bands.
9. Rinse clothing in cold water until water runs clear.
10. Dry clothes on high to set the color.
11. Style with your fave Aerie pieces & enjoy!
What Aerie faves are you going to be tie-dyeing?! Comment below & tell us!