You don’t need a garden to have a garden party! These vintage teacup candles are a great way to upcycle some thrifted porcelain or repurpose your grandmother’s old china. Read on below to see how we made these fun candles and how you can, too!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Wax (we recommend beeswax or soy to keep it vegan)
- Candle wicks
- Double boiler
- Wooden dowel rods
- Candle dye and/or fragrance*
WHAT TO DO
- Place water in the bottom of your double boiler and set to medium heat.
- In the top of your double boiler, place your wax.
- Stir wax until fully melted and smooth.
- Add any desired dye or fragrance and stir to combine.
- Place a wick at the bottom of the teacup.
- Wrap the wick around a wooden dowel rod and place it across the top of your teacup. This will hold the wick in place.
- Slowly pour the wax into your teacup, leaving about a 1/2 inch space at from the top.
- Let wax fully harden, about 4 hours.
- Once the wax has hardened, remove the dowel and trim the wick to 1/4 inch above the wax.
- Gift the candle or light it in your home!
Will you be thrifting a teacup or repurposing one you already have? Comment below & tell us!