Sleigh away the December days with our easy DIY advent calendar! An updated twist on your fave childhood tradition, this customizable calendar is the cutest addition to your holiday decorations. Read on below to see how we made this countdown to Christmas!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Black permanent marker or black paint
- Fine point permanent marker or fine point brush
- Wooden sign
- Pine sprig
WHAT TO DO:
- Using your pencil, draw numbers on each line, forming the shape of a Christmas tree. Starting with #1 as the top of the tree and work your way down to #20-25 as the trunk.
- Go over the pencil numbers with your permanent marker or black paint, whichever you prefer.
- Tie pine sprigs together in a circle to form a wreath roughly the size of each number. Add a small bow or ribbon to make it festive!
- Once the paint or marker is dry, hammer a nail above each number. This will act as your “wreath” hanger.
- Start your countdown to Christmas!