Hey Aerie fam! Yes, we put together our spring cleaning checklist, but giving your home a spring refresh doesn’t just mean a deep clean. Refreshing can mean creating some fun artwork for your space, too. (Your place, your rules!) One of the best ways to give your home a refresh is to take items that you already have and give them a new purpose.
On Earth Day and every day we are all about being sustainable! That’s why we took an old outdoor furniture tarp and created an ah-mazing piece of art. Here’s some extra sunny happiness and inspo from our homes to YOURS.
Read on to see how we made it and how you can, too!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Canvas tarp (we used an old patio furniture cover!)
- Paint brush
- Paint roller
- Paint tray
- Grommet kit
WHAT TO DO
- Cut your furniture cover into a square or rectangle shape. We recommend picking a place to hang it in your home first so you can determine a suitable size.
- Once you have your blank canvas, lay it flat on the ground so you can paint!
- Using a paint brush, paint an outline of your design.
- Pour your paint into a paint tray and use a paint roller to easily fill in the outline with the corresponding paint colors.
- Once dry, add the grommets to the upper corners of your painting.
- Bring inside and hang for all guests to see!
What design are you going to paint on your canvas? Comment below & tell us!