You’ve been asking and we have heard you — all of you! So you say you want to be an #AerieREAL Ambassador? Well, we believe you’ve got exactly what it takes and we want to hear from you!
While there are fun perks like cozy Aerie pieces, cool activations, and being featured on our different platforms, the true reward is letting your real self shine and inspiring others in the Aerie fam to do the same. Read on below to learn more about how you could get involved.
First, some quick facts:
• The program started in 2017 across 10 different universities in the nation, with a launch group of about 40 different Ambassadors.
• We’ve since expanded our reach and are no longer exclusive to universities and schools; our program has already counted more than 385 Ambassadors in its four-year history!
• Our 2020/2021 program includes 170 total ambassadors, including our first-ever group of Alumni Ambassadors (50 individuals)!
So what are we looking for?
Our brand partner YMC will have the full guidelines laid out on their website (where you will also apply — and don’t forget to read the official rules!). But here’s a few main things we like to look for with our AerieREAL Ambassadors:
The general stuff:
• U.S. and Canadian citizens who are 18 – 35 years old; including, but not limited to, college students, young professionals, new moms, and powerful people living a variety of lifestyles.
• Social media savvy; well-versed in content creation and active on social media platforms.
The fun stuff:
• PASSION about Aerie’s mission and brand values; we believe all people should feel good about their REAL selves and we choose to celebrate that with traits like optimism, innovation, empowerment and self-love!
• PERSONALITY: Your confidence, vibrancy, creativity, authenticity and vulnerability make you stand out.
• SENSE OF COMMUNITY: You have an engaged and diverse social network, and you use your keen communication skills to keep your community in the loop (REELS and TikTok content a plus!).
Now, how to apply?
The big detail you’ve all been waiting for! While you’re welcome to submit your entries at any time, our main recruitment period typically happens once per year (usually in the late spring/early summer timeframe). Applications are submitted through our brand partner YMC:
• Visit the website thehub.youthmarketing.com and create an account.
• Click “Opportunities,” where you’ll want to apply for the “AERIE REAL AMBASSADOR PROGRAM” for the upcoming year (you can only apply once per opportunity, so make it count!).
And the rest is written in the stars! We can’t wait to hear from you. If you have any questions about the position or application process, please reach out to Aerie@youthmarketing.com.
Catch up on the ARL blog to see what our #AerieREAL Ambassadors have been up to.