AE & Aerie stores are closed in some areas, according to local guidance. We’re taking precautions in our stores and distribution centers to protect our customers and associates. Learn More
You can always return online purchases by mail, or make a return or exchange at any open AE or Aerie store. Find a Store
We will continue to provide refunds on online orders that are returned by mail. Please note that you may experience some delays with online return & refund processing, as we’re taking extra care in our distribution centers. Start a Return
We are unable to process refunds or exchanges by mail for purchases that were made at stores.
You can wait to return your items to your local store when it re-opens – there is no time limit to provide a full refund, charge back to a credit card, make an exchange, or issue an AE Gift Card.
If you're not completely happy with a purchase, just return it with your receipt for a full refund. Returns with a receipt will be refunded in the manner in which the original purchase was made. If you don't have a receipt, we'll let you exchange or give you store credit for the current price.
If you are charged more than the posted or advertised price, we will refund the difference. If there appears to be fraud or abuse, we may not return your item.
In-store returns + exchanges
Bring your items to any AE or Aerie store in Canada for easy, free returns and exchanges.
- Bring proof of purchase (receipt, order confirmation page, order details page, order emails) and the credit card used to make the original purchase.
- If you don't have proof of purchase, you'll be credited the current price of the item in the form of an AE gift card.
- If the items were shipped to you, please note that shipping is not refundable.
To find the closest store, use our store locator
Returns + exchanges by mail
If you ordered items online or through the AE|Aerie APP, you can ship your items back to us for a return or an exchange. If possible, reuse the original packaging to send them back. Please note that we are no longer including physical free return labels in your order. You can reference below information to complete your return or exchange.
- Select Start a Return on the Order Details page to access our online returns portal and click on the items you want to return.
- If your order qualified for free returns, you can use the free label or QR code to mail your items back at no additional cost.
- If your order did not qualify for free returns, you can still get a label to mail your items back. You will be charged postage when you drop off your package at the carrier of your choice.
- Through our online returns portal, you can indicate which items you'd like to return for an exchange.
- In order for the exchange to be processed, please include a piece of paper with the following information:
- Your order number
- The item number/s you want to exchange
- The item number, color, and price for the new items you want in your exchange order
- Please note that an exchange order will be processed as a new order. Once the items are received at the DC, a refund will be processed for the items and a new charge will be placed on your original method of payment for the exchange order to be processed.
Exchange requests cannot be processed for orders paid with PayPal, AfterPay, cash, or Gift Cards.