Squeeze the day! This lemony treat is easy to make (& even easier to eat). Bring it to the pool, your summer picnics, long weekend parties… or just your couch any time you need a sweet refresh.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 lemon peel, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup seltzer water
- Slice of strawberry for garnish (optional)
WHAT TO DO
- In a medium saucepan, add lemon peel, water and sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to medium heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat to cool.
- In a bowl, stir in the cooled syrup with the lemon juice and seltzer water.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove and whisk, then place back into the freezer.
- Freeze for 4 more hours, whisking once every hour.
Not in the mood for lemon? Try this recipe with other citruses like orange, grapefruit or lime. Then tell us which flavor is your fave!
See more recipes here!