If you’ve been scrolling on TikTok and landed on #foodtok lately, you may have come across a recipe for chocolate-covered stuffed dates. I came across two of these videos by popular creators who make super fun content, @moribyan and @emilymariko.
This dessert has been a classic amongst Muslim communities for years, especially during the holy month of Ramadan. The month of Ramadan is a time for introspection and connecting with family and friends.
When one breaks their fast during Ramadan, it is custom to open the fast with a date. This dessert is a delicious spin on the timeless fruit and perfect to gift to friends and family for an iftar dinner throughout the month.
I was inspired to create this chocolatey treat with my sister after seeing all the fun videos on TikTok and I’m here to share this quick and easy recipe with you!
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
1 cup almonds
1 cup peanut butter
• Begin by slicing open each date in half and removing the pit
• Insert a small amount of peanut butter to fill the center of the date – I used a standard icing bag for precision (and it’s fun!)
• Sprinkle crushed almonds (or nut of your choice) on top of peanut butter and close the date
• Warm up your cup of chocolate chips with a teaspoon of coconut oil in the microwave for about a minute, stirring every 20 seconds
• Dip each date in the bowl of chocolate till it is entirely covered in chocolatey goodness
• Place each chocolate-covered date on tray with wax paper
• Time to decorate! Feel free to decorate to your liking – we added gold sprinkles and coconut flakes for a little sparkle and flavor.
• Pop the tray in the fridge for about 10 minutes or so and they will be ready to enjoy!
Hope this recipe brings joy to you, Aerie fam, and Ramadan Mubarak to all those observing! If you try this recipe out for yourself, make sure to tag us @Aerie in your delicious creations.