Ready to bake, cowgirl? Inspired by the wild west, these treats are wildly delish.
What you need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars using an electric mixer. Beat at medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium-low while scraping down the sides.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- Reduce mixer to low speed and add in flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in oats, chocolate chips, coconut, cornflakes and pecans. Be careful not to over-mix!
- Scoop mounds of dough (approximately 3 tablespoons per cookie) onto lined cookie sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies begin turning golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Who are you sharing your cowgirl cookies with? Comment below and tell us!