Add a little more love to your V-Day with lollipops that are as sweet to gift as they are to eat. Read on & find out how to make them for V-Day or any day!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 tbsp. water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Food coloring
- Lollipop sticks
- Heart-shaped lollipop molds
- Sugar thermometer
- Vegetable oil
WHAT TO DO
- Put sugar, cream of tartar and water in a medium sizes saucepan.
- Heat on high until sugar has dissolved.
- Boil sugar mixture on high and, using the candy thermometer, bring mixture to 295º F.
- Once the mixture is at 295º, add your choice of food coloring.
- While the mixture cools slightly, lightly grease the lollipop mold with the oil.
- Pour a dollop of the sugar mixture into each lollipop mold, inserting the lollipop sticks as you go.
- Let the mixture harden for about two hours.
What sweet treat are you gifting this V-Day? Comment below & tell us!