This season is inspired by all things garden party. That’s why we’ve created this floral veggie focaccia! It’s pretty, savory, and an absolute must have. Read on below to see how we made it and how you can, too!
- 1 pack active dry yeast (1/4 oz.)
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Flaky sea salt
- 4 garlic gloves
- Veggies for “flowers” (We used bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, green onions, garlic, radishes, and herbs!)
- In a medium bowl, combine active dry yeast, honey, and lukewarm water.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes until creamy consistency.
- Add 5 cups of flour and 1 tbsp. kosher salt and mix into a dough.
- In a larger bowl, pour 4 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Transfer the dough into the larger bowl and coat in olive oil.
- Cover with a dish cloth or plastic wrap and place on your counter.
- Wait until dough doubles in size, about 4 hours.
- Butter a 9×13 inch pan and pour in 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Fold the dough three times to deflate the dough and transfer it to the pan.
- Pour in any excess oil from the dough bowl and flip the dough in the pan to make sure it is fully coated.
- Let the dough rise in the pan, uncovered, until it doubles in size (about 2 hours)
- While waiting for the dough to rise, prepare your veggies.
- Once dough has doubled, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Stretch the dough to fill the 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Create dimples in the dough by lightly pressing all over with your fingers.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil all over and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Create your “flower” design by placing the veggies on the dough and lightly pressing them into the dough.
- We used the bottoms of the bell peppers, red onion, and garlic as the “petals”, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced radishes, and herbs for the “leaves”, green onion stalks as the “stems. Get creative with it!
- Bake until golden brown (about 25 minutes).
- Just before serving, melt 4 tbsp. of butter in a small saucepan.
- Peel and grate 4 cloves of garlic and place into the melted butter.
- Stir often and cook until the garlic is fragrant.
- Brush garlic butter all over the bread.
- Slice and enjoy!
What veggies are you going to turn into floral focaccia art? Comment below & tell us!