We’re taking the garden party trend to the next level! We’ve already given you an amazing floral focaccia recipe and now, we’re making a colorful lavender simple syrup. Read on below to see how you can make this pretty syrup in just a few steps. Simple is an understatement!
What you need
3 cups water
6 cups sugar
1/2 cup packed of fresh picked lavender
What to do
- In a medium sauce pan bring water and lavender to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add sugar.
- Stir mixture until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the sauce pan from heat and allow the mixture to steep and cool for at least 1 hour.
- Using a sieve or cheese cloth, strain the mixture to remove the lavender pieces.
- Funnel the simple syrup into an air-tight bottle and store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Use this anywhere you need a little floral sweetness! Add it to your fave drinks like coffee, tea, or lemonade or as a syrup on vanilla ice cream.
How will you be using your lavender simple syrup? Comment below & tell us!